Revive and Increase
The Power Of Old Posts
Increase Targeted Traffic To Your Old
Quality Posts With Six Specific Steps
That Will Improve Your Authority Status
- Targeted traffic
- Improved authority status
- Immediate RSS feed distribution
- Better SE rankings
- Wider social media influence
- Eliminate blog content woes
I'm going to list and discuss 6 steps you should take when you update your old quality posts.
- You want to maintain the the same original url for the post.
Any search engine rankings that your old post has achieved would be endangered if you just published a brand new post with updated information.
It is true you could set up a 301 redirect, but below are steps where that won't be necessary.
From the right column of your WordPress administrative panel you will see a similar image as above.
Once you have completed the update of your old post you want to click the "Edit" link in the lower right corner and below is what you'll see:
Simply, change the month, day, year, and time of publication and click "OK".
CAUTION: In order to keep the existing url and not lose your SE rankings you must keep the new publication time to under 24 hours from the time you click the "edit" link.
To be safe I just set the new time of publication for an hour or less in the future.
Once you set the new publication time don't forget to click the "Schedule" link or the new post won't publish.
OK. The above is what the right column looks after you have completed the simple steps.
- Your authority status will improve as you update old posts with new powerful strategies and resources.
Innovation is moving at a frantic pace on the Internet so your keeping track of new developments is a crucial asset to your readers.
- Updating your old posts in the manner suggested above means that your RSS feeds will automatically update as well.
Make certain that you submit your blog's RSS feed ==>> Increase Blog Traffic With These 53 RSS Feeds Directories
- Not only will you maintain existing SE rankings with these updates, you should also include selected long tail keywords to improve your SEO.
- If there is any significant time lapse between the original blog post and the update, for sure there will be new, quality social media sites that have emerged in the interim.
Check out this site I recently discovered and learn how their widget works ==>> ZergNet
In addition, you can't go wrong submitting your updated blog posts to selected social bookmarking sites ==>> 83 Social Bookmarking Sites With Strong Alexa Rank That Can Make You A Power On The Internet
- This is the dreaded image of what your next post may look like after a multitude of thought.
We have all been there where our creative juices dry up and we can't come up with interesting new content.
This is where updating old quality content comes to the rescue!!
Follow the proven formula: 20% of time spent on creation. 80% of time spent on promotion!
How To Fill Your Blog’s Content With Quality Material From Authority Figures
9 Ways Blog Content Ideas Could Leave You Needing A Lawyer
Increase Your Personal Level Of Creativity And Enjoy The Huge Benefits
Quality Blog Content – Improve Your Blog’s Navigation To Make Your Best Related Posts Easily Accessible
Blog Content Ideas – Use This Technique For An Endless Supply Of Ideas And Info